Copyright © 2018 AI Analytical Pte Ltd. All Rights Reserved
UV254 (UVA / UVT)
PI UV254Sense UVA/UVT from UK provides real time organic UVA (ultra-violet absorbance) and UVT (ultra-violet transmission) analysis monitoring. The concentration of contaminants such as the organics that lead to disinfection by products (DBPs) can be determined by measuring the light absorbed by a water sample at a particular wavelength (254nm). The absorbance of light used in UV254 monitors provides an indication of the amount of aromatic (or reactive) organic matter in water, making it an excellent choice as a surrogate measurement for total organic carbon (TOC) in monitoring organics removal from a process.
UV254 analysers from Pi allow for the detection of natural organic matter (NOM) which is found in all waters and has a bias towards aromatic compounds which provides significant benefit for monitoring DBP formation potential.
- Range 2 models available:
Clean water: 15-100% UVT, 0-1 UVA
Waste water: 0-100% UVT, 0-6.5 UVA
- Accuracy: +/-0.5% FS
- Flow rate: 300-1000ml/min
- Can be combined with a CRONOS® or CRIUS® controller for a multi-parameter UV254 analyzer solution that suits your needs
- Displays UV transmittance or absorbance values
- Seawater version is available
- UVA (ultra-violet absorbance) is an excellent surrogate parameter for TOC, DOC, COD and color.
- UVT (ultra-violet transmission) allows for the calculation of optimal UV dose for disinfection systems, improving efficiency.
- Accurate detection without the cost of reagents.
- Allows feed forward optimization of coagulation control.
- UVA measurement ensures performance of various contaminant removal technologies such as membranes (RO, NF, UF), ion exchange (nitrates and TOC removal) and granular activated carbon (GAC).
- Real time UVA analyzers can provide a final check of effluent water quality and can alarm an operator in case of non-compliance.
- A UVA monitor can monitor the percentage removal of organics across any treatment system.
- Require Correlations parameters include COD, TOC, BOD
- Process Control
- Event monitoring
Continuous Monitoring of UV254